Wednesday, May 20, 2015

How to: Make Your Legs Look Longer

Image Credit: THEA
Hi there! As not only a short girl, but one with legs that are short as heck, I struggle with how to make my legs look long a lot. I've gotten the short jokes and comments all throughout middle school and high school and while they don't necessarily bother me, I still try hard to elongate those short legs of mine. I'm surely not the only one with the problem and I've learned a few tips over the years, so keep reading to find out what they are!

1. Wear high-waisted bottoms

That's probably the most obvious tip, but since your legs start lower, to create an illusion of a higher waistline, wear high-waisted bottoms which elongate your legs. Basically, just steer clear of low-rise bottoms at all costs.

2. Wear pointed shoes

If you're wearing heels in particular, pointed ones will make it seem like your legs go on for a bit more than they actually do. Nude heels also help to create this illusion!

3. When wearing platforms, make sure they're more on the "heels" side than the "flatform" side

Left: Topshop, Right: Topshop
While flatforms do give you height, they don't really make your legs look longer. When your heel is actually elevated more than your toes, it will definitely elongate your legs.

4. With capris, make sure they're a max of 1.5 inches past your knee

Sometimes, capris for us for short girls can be a bit long, but just as a rule of thumb, make sure they're only 1.5 inches past the lowest part of your knee. If they're too long, get them tailored or tailor them yourself to get a better fit.

5. Dolphin shorts are the way to go!

Since there's a little inverse dip (not sure how to describe it, aha but you know what I mean), more of the outer side of your leg is exposed, making them look longer.

Which tip did you find most useful? Do you have any other ones to add? Leave your comments and share your suggestions below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


1 comment:

  1. Uh, I'm actually a bit iffy about this. I mean, while long legs have their merits, short legs aren't bad either. I'm not saying that altering outfits to change your appearance and make you feel better about yourself is a bad thing (it's awesome!) , but I guess the whole "only long (and slim) legs are attractive and beautiful" concept in society kind of bothers me because it kind of, um, demeans other kinds of looks/appearances? It felt a bit like the concept of "thin is pretty". I don't know. I'm just offering my personal opinion. Please don't be mad or anything, I didn't mean to offend anyone!

    ReplyDelete