Friday, February 13, 2015

Misconceptions of First Time Hair-Dyers

Image via PhotoPin (license)
Hi there! I dyed my hair for the very first time (and most certainly not the last) in December and there were some things that were definitely a bit unexpected. Actually, they might've been expected, but the excitement and anticipation building up to really remember and be rational about such things.

I thought I'd put together a little list of fantasies that I had pre-dye that didn't become a reality post-dye. Enjoy!

My hair's will feel just like it did before only now, it'll be a different colour!


Romain Laurent animated GIF
Image Credit: Romain Laurent Tumblr
This one's only true if you get a really, really good shampoo and conditioner for colour-treated hair, which you should obviously do to maintain the colour. But let's just say the first time I washed my hair afterwards, I was in for a very big shock.

The colour's gonna stay just the same until I decide to change it.

cat animated GIF
Image via Giphy
For some reason, I never really thought about retouching the colour or anything, but after a month, the red has worn down to a brown already.

It's gonna be a super quick and easy process that won't bother any of your senses.

hair animated GIF
Image Credit: Reaction Gifs
I got my hair done at my hairdresser's house because she's a family friend, but my hair/back felt as if it was on fire for a solid 45 minutes and the smell was just awful. Worth it, but awful.

My life's gonna be completely the same and nothing will change at all.

hair animated GIF
Image Credit: Teen.com Tumblr
For one, you feel like a different person if you get a significant enough colour change. You also have to coordinate your outfits with your new hair colour. I don't know about you, but I kinda wear clothes everyday, so the fact that it has to go well with my new hair is pretty significant.

Shampoo and conditioner are going to be completely no fuss.

black and white animated GIF
Image Credit: Lianaa45 Tumblr
Figuring out which products to use for my hair was honestly such a hassle.

This will be the ONLY time I dye my hair until I see grays.

glee animated GIF
Image via Giphy
Once you do it once, you kind of just start fantasizing about all the different colours you can put in your hair. I mean, I'm really tempted to add a bit of blond/light brown to my ends right now.

Have you ever dyed your hair before? If not, have you ever thought of it? If you have, could you relate to any of these? Leave your comments and share your thoughts below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment