Friday, December 19, 2014

Interview With Adaora Keke from l'Artiste



Hi there! Recently, I interviewed Adaora Keke from the fashion and music blog l'Artiste and inquired her about her holiday fashion habits amongst other things! She's such a lovely girl and runs a fabulous blog, so you should go check her out right here (and read the interview below as well!) Fun fact, we were actually friends and went to the same school back around 2nd to 4th grade, so it was really cool to get back in touch with her when high school came around.

She also interviewed me for her blog, so you can go check here that out as well if you're curious to know what I said.

What do you wear on Christmas morning when you’re opening up your gifts? 

It’s become a bit of a tradition in my family that all the kids get new pyjamas right on Christmas Eve so that we’re always wearing brand new pyjamas on Christmas morning. They usually have cute animals or snowflakes all over them, and we mainly do it because no one ever changes out of their pyjamas until about 3 in the afternoon on Christmas Day, so we figure that if we’re going to sit around in our pyjamas all day we might as well be wearing some nice ones. 


How do you organise your wardrobe? Based on preference or season?

A little bit of both to be honest. I have it organized so that my summer clothes are on the right and my winter clothes are on the left, but my least favourite pieces always seem to find their way to the back of the closet. Still, I love to organize things, so I do spend quite a bit of time cleaning out my closet and rearranging things. Even on those days where I haven’t gotten a chance to put things away properly and it seems like a mess, it’s still somewhat of an organized mess. 


How do you feel about sweatpants?

Honestly, I don’t know. I used to be completely against sweatpants, but lately I’ve found myself wearing them more often than I would like to admit. I just feel like wearing sweatpants is just like wearing your pyjamas all day because when you wear sweatpants you’re almost guaranteed to be as unproductive as humanly possible. 

I like to put myself together when I wake up in the morning, so sweatpants never seem to do the trick. It feels like I’m giving up on my day before it’s even started, and I can never let that happen. However, nowadays I’m starting to change into sweatpants the minute I come home at the end of the day just because the pants are so comfy. So who knows, maybe you’ll spot me in sweatpants on my blog in the future, but for now are strictly for lazing around the house. 

Does music ever inspire your clothing choices?

I don’t really know. I mean, I’ve never put an outfit together thinking of a particular song, it’s more my mindset or mood at the time that shapes an outfit for me. If I’m in a cozy mood I’ll grab some leggings and a loose sweater, if I’m feeling like a rockstar I’ll put on my favourite shades and my sneaker wedges. 

I do really wish music inspired my clothing choices a lot more though because I feel like it would bring a whole other dimension to my look and personal style. Who knows, maybe I’ll make that a goal for 2015!

What do you typically wear around holiday season?

All of the soft and cozy clothes come out of my closet for the winter, so you’ll probably find me in my favourite wool hat, a scarf and a fluffy sweater over the holidays. The hat in the picture below was actually knitted by my mother, and it’s the perfect accessory for the winter because it’s warm and it goes with almost anything, so I’ll definitely be wearing it a lot for the next few weeks.   


When did fashion become a big part of your life?

Definitely this year. I’ve always been aware of fashion, but I only started following fashion designers, trends and magazines seriously this year.

I think that once you enter high school you start to shop at stores that follow fashion trends a lot more closely like H&M or Forever 21, and that’s when you can really start to develop your own personal style. Even though I’m obviously still trying to figure out what works for me, fashion definitely plays a larger role in my life now than it did in grade school. I often find myself unable to leave the house in the morning without being 100% ok with my outfit. If I don’t like the combo I’ve chosen I will risk missing the bus to make sure that my outfit is just right.  


What did you think of the interview? Was there anything in her answers that you could relate to? Feel free to answer some of the questions in the comments as well! I'd love to read them. Oh, and go send some love to Adaora!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment