Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Highlights of 2014

Photo By Gabriel Santiago
Image Credit: Gabriel Santiago
Hi there! I thought it'd be a good idea to wrap up 2014 the way I did with 2013 by writing a round-up post of my highlights of the year. I think everyone came into 2014 hoping that it'd be their year, and while I'm not quite sure if I'd label the past 364 days that way, they were 364 pretty freaking fantastic days, and I don't doubt that today will be just as great.

1. Getting such lovely responses to my confidence posts back in January (you can check out the story one here, the let's get started here, and the rest here, here, here, and here)

jawbones and weed | via Tumblr
Image Credit
2. Discovered Wattpad (aka caved and listened to B, aha) on March 1st

3. Properly started working out in May (also very grateful for it)

4. Celebrated B's birthday with her, went out for dinner, and felt like grown ups somehow on May 10th

5. Visited NYC (and FIT!) after not having exams in June


6. Finished writing my 50K words for Camp NaNoWriMo on July 31st


7. B and my family made my birthday a really memorable one on August 13th


8. My blog got the official touch of a custom URL on August 15th


9. Saw Lorde in concert on September 11th


10. Awards Night, or rather what led up to it on November 13th because the actual accepting of awards at school was just a smitch embarrassing
11. Launched LEO Magazine on November 18th


12. Ordered Taylor Swift tickets for B and I on December 5th, the day my grade also happened to win Battle of the Grades

Image Credit

13. Ombred my hair red on December 7th (the photo doesn't make it look very nice, but yes, that's red!)


14. Welcomed home Nova, my golden retriever puppy on December 30th

2014 was crazy, insane, and I just can't believe that it's already over. Here's to hoping that 2015 will be even more magical and fantastic than the last 364 days have been. I hope that you take some time to reflect on your year, make goals and whatever for the next, and enjoy yourself before 2015 swings around and things get all crazy. 

I wish you the best of luck in 2015 and I hope that you make 2015 the year you accomplish what you've al

Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you really had a fantastic year! (even though I don't know what Battle of the Grades or Awards Night is. Is that a Canadian school thing?)
    It feels nice (and a bit bizarre) that I still know so many things you mentioned all along. (now I feel like a stalker lol) A lot of them took hard work, though, but I believe you deserve every bit of it! :)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that stuff probably just varies from school to school, I guess.
      Thank you so much for your support throughout these past few years and a very happy new year to you, too! x

      Delete