Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thursday's Lovely Links: September 18/14

Image Credit: photo credit: Jenny Downing via PhotoPin CC
Hi there! Another two weeks have passed and that means two weeks spent reading some really awesome blogs. I've been getting into reading more blogs and I think it has a lot to do with Twitter which I've become a pretty avid user of and the links to posts I'll find on there. (P.S. If you haven't already, you can follow me @StyleGeneris)

Keep reading for my favourite posts from the past two weeks!

Business Insider: What Baristas Think of Coffee Orders

I did not realise that you could read so much into coffee orders, but apparently you can and it's kind of fascinating. On a more serious note, this post did help me see that everyone does things for a reason and while you might see whatever they did as something bad or whatever, there's something going on in their lives that provoked that action and we should all be more open-minded to that. 

Well, that got serious kind of quick.

College Fashion: Runway Looks for Less: Chanel Fall RTW 2014

One of my favourite collections that have been shown recently was Chanel's grocery store-themed one and I love how College Fashion took these super duper expensive looks and recreated them with things us students and young people can afford.

Floral and Freckled: The Benefits of Being Short/Small

I'm a pretty darn short person at 5'3 1/2 " (that half of an inch is very, very important), so this post certainly brought a smile to my face. I very rarely think that my short height can be used to my advantage since I feel like I have to look up to a lot of people to talk to them, but this helped me to be a bit more grateful for my height.

Not that I don't want to grow because don't get me wrong, I could always use a few extra inches.

IFB: 7 Reasons Why Blogging for a Smaller Audience is Actually... Awesome

I've been pretty busy lately and that added with a few time management errors made it a bit hard to blog. As the owner of a small, little blog, after reading this article, I got really motivated to start blogging better and all that jazz, and if you're a blogger too, I'm 99.9% confident that you'll either relate or feel motivated after reading this as well.

Loser Girl Wins: 6 Instagram Quotes to Make You Think

The quotes included in this post really did make me think and I just kind of adore them all. I think my favourite's probably the second last one and you'll just have to read it to find out what that one is.

Rookie: Literally the Best Thing Ever: The Food Network

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this but I really, really adore the Food Network. I'm a food lover, there's no question about that, but typically, I try to eat well and 99.9% of the time, the food shown on the Food Network isn't that healthy, so it's almost like I'm indirectly indulging in this fattening food. I just really love food in general and reading this post gave me a sense of comfort in sharing a common interest with another human being.

Vogue: Anna Wintour on Brooklyn, the Rumors, and the One Thing She Will Never Wear

This was probably one of the most uplifting and delightful videos I'd watched in a while that served more than just to make me laugh like the usual YouTube vlogs I tend to watch. I'm sure you all know who Anna Wintour is (she's the Editor-in-Chief of Vogue US and has been since 1988) and the rumours associated with her, and this video showed Anna being a good sport in tackling those rumours in an unexpected manner. You just have to watch it to understand what I mean - you won't regret it.

Also, if Anna's video wasn't enough for you, Blake Lively's 73 Questions was pretty great, as well.

Which link was your favourite? Did you stumble upon anything really cool these past two weeks? What is your favourite blog to read at the moment that you think I should know about? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment