Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Fashion Month S/S 2015 Favourites


Hi there! I know that some of you fashion nerds who are reading this right now are thinking something along the lines of "But wait J. Fashion Month isn't over yet. There are still x days left of Paris to go." Yes, yes I am aware. It just so happens that I a) got over-excited and b) this happened to be the only time it would've been able to fit somewhat nicely into my schedule. So I apologise for having missed Chanel and a few other big names.

I wasn't able to keep up with the shows in "real time" or anything close to it as I just whizzed through about maybe 30 collections in the span of a couple hours just now, but holy crap was it an amazing couple of hours. There are just so many beautiful and innovative collections and it's incredible to see fresh ideas being brought to the table every season. Just great, great stuff that has been drooling.

I didn't want to turn this into some huge photo reel, so I narrowed it down to five collections that I'm just so obsessed with and I think you should be obsessed with too. Enjoy!

McQ Alexander McQueen

I can confidently say that I would 100% wear everything presented in this collection. Of course, considering my height and age, some things would have to be altered, but you get my point. Metallics are certainly eye-catching, but this kind of liquid radiance paired with everything from edgy and roughed up denim-look fabrics to ribbed knits make them 20x better. Honestly, it looks more like a fall collection to me, but the McQueen team can do whatever they please. Just don't mind me, little ole J taking inspiration from this for tomorrow's outfit.




View the rest of the collection here.

Luisa Beccaria

I'd never heard of this designer before writing this post and man, have I been missing out. In one word, I would describe this collection as "girly." In others, I would say boudoir-esque, floral, and impeccable. According to the Italian designer herself, she wanted to capture the "sensuality of exquisite antique lingerie, yet in a modern and sophisticated way" and I think she did just that. But don't let the word "lingerie" put you off, this season's designs are fit for your modern princess.





View the rest of the collection here.

Dries Van Noten

Ever since that one collection a couple seasons ago that he did with the flower appliques expertly matched with the plaids, I've taken notice of Dries Van Noten. This collection didn't disappoint in the slightest as I was completely enthralled by the rich colours and luxe fabrics he chose. Like McQ (but really, the collections are nothing aesthetically alike), the colours chosen are typically reserved for this time of the year, but coupled with the vibrancy of the yellow, blue, and green, it totally works.




View the rest of the collection here.

Saloni

Again, another designer I've never heard of before, but when I saw the first photo below as the thumbnail on Style.com, I just had to click on it and check out this London designer. I fell in love with pretty much everything and even with the patterns, I'm baffled at how exquisite the clothes look all while being so utterly simple, but in the best way.









View the rest of the collection here.

Sea

I guess this season was one for me to enrich my knowledge in the fashion industry and to learn of more designers as I've fallen in love with another one that I hadn't heard of before writing this. From the 30-40-something collections that I've looked at over the past month, this one most definitely has the most photos saved on my computer. I just absolutely adored every single piece and I'm sorry, but I can't quite contain myself at the moment.

While white is a simple colour (or shade depending on how much of an art term Nazi you are) and is often used to compliment a certain colour scheme, but in this case, it's so dominant and fresh. The repeated use of a perforated detail adds a light warm weather to feel and the denims and choice of footwear adds a nice rugged touch. And can we just talk about the beauty that is that last denim jacket/coat-thing?





View the rest of the collection here.

All photos from Style.com

Which look was your favourite? Did you have a favourite collection I didn't mention that you think I should know about? Did you manage to keep up with Fashion Month? Leave your comments and share your thoughts below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment