Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sunday Funday: April 27/14

Just Breathe...
Image via We Heart It
Hi there! As crazy as my life has been recently, I think it’s only the calm before the storm. I’m not going to say that this is unfortunate because honestly, I love being busy, but sometimes, I wish I could make myself get more of the sleep and rest that I need.

I had some big projects and tests to worry about this week, but thank goodness that’s all over. As students are reaching the climax of the school year (I only have 35 days left, or so), things are only bound to get crazier. I have my big Spanish exam coming up in just two weeks along with other daunting assignments and evaluations I’d rather not think about. I just can’t wait until the year’s over so I can go to summer school and be reunited with my best friend from middle school who I – thank God – still keep in close contact with.

Birthdays Galore

In addition to school (because that’s not enough to keep me away from blogging for like a week, there’s always at least another thing), there are lots and lots of birthdays in April and May and I have been busying myself making cards for those lucky people. I sell a few cards as well, so I have deadlines to meet, only adding to my stress. Of course I enjoy it all because there aren’t many things better than thinking of the bit of happiness I could give someone with a handmade card.

Continuing on with the birthday thing, a few of my friends and family are celebrating being another year older and I’m beyond excited to be able to take part in that celebration. The next two months are going to be crazy, but I can’t wait for the crazy workload sprinkled with a bit of fun here and there.

Stress Relievers: Listens and Reads of the Week

To relieve some stress this week, I’ve been listening to music again, no shocker there. I’ve been obsessed with two covers this week: "Sweater Weather" originally by The Neighborhood, covered by Alyson Stoner and Max Schneider and "Dreams" originally by Fleetwood Mac and covered by Bastille and Gabrielle Aplin. Alyson and Max made "Sweater Weather" sound like such a romantic ballad and it still hasn’t gotten old. "Dreams" puts me in this kind of trance because of the electronic sounds in the background and the dream-like (pardon my choice of words) quality of their mesmerising voices. Basically, you should go check them out.

I also read this lovely, lovely story on Wattpad last week, I think, during Easter Weekend when a friend introduced me to it. It’s called “The Mischievous Mrs. Maxfield” and is about Charlotte, a dirt poor 19 year old whose father was an alcoholic who drowned her in debt after his death and a mother who left her when she was young. She works on this diner where she knows an old man, Martin, the CEO of Maxfield Industries and they’ve been in contact for five years. One day, he gives his son, Brandon, the heir of the position, an ultimatum: Marry Charlotte or he’ll give the position to his cousin. Brandon then proposes that they get married for a year, he’ll pay her a million dollars, he makes his father happy, and he gets the CEO position he’s worked so hard for. Intriguing, isn’t it?

That’s the basic gist of the story and it’s one of the best stories I’ve ever read, honestly. I was a bit reluctant to read it at first because it was about adults, essentially and I’ve just been reading teen fiction, but I figured I’d take the plunge and thank God that I did. It’s such a heartwarming story that deals with so much and gah, I just love it. If you have a bit of time on your hands, you should definitely read it.

Fears of the Unknown (now I’m just being dramatic)

Remember the personal training thing I spoke about last week? Well, I thankfully didn’t jinx it by mentioning to you guys and I will be meeting with her for the first time tomorrow and I’m actually terrified. I’m really, really excited, but terrified nonetheless. It’s going to be quite the hour and as worried as I am (even though my reasons for being that way are far from rational), I can’t wait to get working. Hard, hopefully, because I’ve started dreaming about my little vacation this summer and the days we’ll spend by the beach. Anyway, I’ll update you guys next week on how that turns out.


How excited do you get with loved ones’ birthdays? Do you make your own cards or do you buy them? What do you think of the novel I mentioned? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment