Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What to Wear: Spring Break Outfit Ideas

Glamour, Glitter, & Gold | via Tumblr
Image via We Heart It
Hi there! I know that some of you, me included, have already either started or finished their Spring Break, but I figured that I'd write this post anyway. Better late than never, right?

I've never gone some place tropical or extravagant for Spring Break before, so this year was no different. To me, the week off is all about taking time for yourself, relaxing, and just hanging out with friends. A lot. So if you're looking for fun outfits to wear in the tropics, leave me a comment below requesting this (or not, you know, that's cool, too) because they aren't going to be here.


 This first outfit is something you could wear out with your friends one night, or if you switched out the dress for one with a lighter colour palette, this could also work during the day. I picked out a simple lace dress and cinched it at the waist with a wide belt. To add some contrast to the outfit, I opted for some blue tights and an oversize denim shirt. For a bit of femininity, I went for some bow ankle-strap heels and a simple bracelet.

1. Topshop Ghoul Lace Dress
2. H&M Wide Waist Belt
3. Kimchi Blue Ankle Strap Bow Heel
4. ASOS Dreamer Bracelet
5. Monki Oversize Denim Jacket
6. Kohl's Opaque Blue Tights


This outfit is for those in warmer climates or the daring ones in the cold with the addition of tights. To contrast the bold sequin shorts, I went for a beautiful light knit sweater and a pink cardigan that's just as delicate. To toughen the look up, I added some leopard combat boots and some gold jewellery.

1. H&M Light Knit Sweater
2. Topshop Oxblood Sequin Shorts
3. Urban Outfitters Bib Necklace
4. Nasty Gal Leopard Combat Boots
5. Chicwish Pink Floral Crochet Cardigan
6. Anthropologie Garden Pop Bangle


This final outfit is probably the most comfortable. I wanted to try out the whole kimono and went for a blue patterned one. To balance the drama of the kimono, I paired some simple leather leggings with side cutouts with a plain white tee. Kimonos can make you look short, especially if you're petite like me, so I added some Creepers for height and a simple necklace to tie it all together.

1. H&M Kimono
2. H&M White T-Shirt
3. Wasteland Power of Mine Necklace
4. Etsy White Creepers
5. Forever 21 Cutout Leather Leggings

Which outfit was your favourite? Are you headed anywhere for Spring Break? Or have you already gone? Leave your comments and share your stories below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment