Monday, March 3, 2014

March's Big Five

zipper me up
Image via We Heart It
Hi there! I haven’t really come to terms with how it’s March yet, but I’ll save you the ramble that you had to endure in yesterday’s post. And I can’t seem to figure out a way to lengthen this introduction, so I’ll save you the awkwardness of reading forced and insincere words and just get into what I’m excited for this month. Which reminds me – I need a new name for this column, so I’d really appreciate it if you’d leave your suggestions in the comments!

1. Spring Break

I don’t know when your Spring Break is or if you have one, but I’m really stoked about mine that’s technically starting one week from now, but I’ll be off on Friday, which is awesome. We all need some time off from school and/or give ourselves a bit of TLC so we don’t go absolutely bonkers. I’m not going off to any tropical place to escape the misery that is Canada’s wet and slushy soon-to-be spring, but the time off will be good enough for me.

2. Blogiversary on the 16th!

I can’t believe that I’m 13 days away from the big day. It doesn’t quite feel real that I’ve started blogging almost a year ago. So crazy to think about. I’m just so happy that this blog has grown into something that I’m really super proud of and I can’t wait to celebrate this big milestone with all of you.

3. Pretty Little Liars finale on the 18th

Even though when you think about it, the show is not that great (there is not enough plot development to satisfy anyone), I'm freaking addicted. I tried to wean myself off of it which worked for about a month, but then I got hooked again. This season has been a pretty good one, actually and we got a few solid answers that have kept us going for the past few months and the finale is coming up which is just going to be epic. That's all I'm gonna say, epic.

4. Divergent in theatres on the 21st

I read Divergent about a year ago and I remember being just completely enthralled by it. It was such a captivating story and I was obsessed with Tris and Four’s combined awesomeness and some characters’ twisted ways. It was inevitable that it was going to be brought to the silver screen due to its popularity, so of course I have to go see it, despite the, err, different-from-the-book-but-I’m-going-to-tolerate-it trailers and other promotional material that that I’ve seen floating around. I just have to read it over again before the 21st, is all.

What are you excited for this month? Gonna go see Divergent? Or how about the finale of PLL? Share your stories below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations for your blogiversary in advance! I also noticed that there are just three posts away from your 300th post! Both, I think, are incredible achievements, since you have a super busy life. I really enjoy reading your blog! :)
    The Divergent movie isn't going to come out until April here in Taiwan; it'll a bit frustrating to see people talking about it on the internet while I haven't see it. Aside from the translating work, I suspect that they release it in April on purpose....you know, it's the FOURTH month of the year. XD
    I have seen the trailer, but I think I didn't see some really different-from-the-book-but-I’m-going-to-tolerate-it parts....I would like to know where and what they are, though! (Okay, okay, I didn't read the book really thoroughly)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry this took me forever to respond (I've been, like you said, freaking busy), but thank you for noticing that! It's pretty crazy to me that I've already put up so many posts. Maybe it's not a lot for some other bloggers but man, that's a lot for me. And thank you so much for all your lovely comments. It truly means the world to me.

      P.S. -- You're amazing for mentioning that FOURTH month thing and Four. Ohmygosh, you're the best. Oh, and by really-different-from-the-book-but-I'm-going-to-tolerate-it parts, I meant more like casting choices and what I saw go on in my head. - J

      Delete