Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Haul: Spring Break 2014


Hi there! It's no secret that I like to shop. Or maybe I haven't actually said it before. Anyway, I love fashion and I love to shop, so I think those go hand in hand. This break, I spent a lot of time with friends (more than I ever have before in such a short period of time) and I also got the chance to go shopping (here are a few things I bought whilst out with a good friend).

Something I've always loved doing is shopping with my momma. I think she's the one who got me into it. When she immigrated here, she couldn't really go shopping a lot because my dad couldn't stand it, so as soon as she could drive and all that, I became her shopping buddy and it has been this way since.



The first place we hit up on our little trip was Smart Set. Typically, I don't find much there, but this time, they had a pretty good sale on and I got a couple things.

I got this colourblock sweater a couple sizes bigger than my usual because it was the only one left, but I'm in love with the colour. It's super comfortable and just perfect. I haven't quite decided what colour pants I'd style it with yet, though.


I have been meaning to get myself a chambray shirt for the longest time and I finally got around to doing so. Every time I'd tell myself to get one, they'd be from $30-$50 and I just couldn't bring myself to doing so and the ones under $30 all felt really scratchy, which I didn't appreciate. This one I got for $7.50 because it was on a crazy sale and I can't wait to wear it. I'm kind of glad I waited because now, chambray shirts have earned its place as a staple in everyone's closets, not just a passing trend.


The last few things I got at Smart Set were three pairs of corduroy pants. These photos don't do it justice, but the colours are really beautiful in person and I can't wait to show you guys how I style them, perhaps the first pair will make its appearance on Friday. They aren't the most comfortable pants in the world, but the total was around $10 (crazy, right?) so I don't feel as guilty as I should.


I haven't been to Zara very much, let alone actually buy anything from there. The price is often too high for my budget and I leave the store feeling discouraged. However, against my mother's orders, I made my way into the store this time and headed straight to the back of the store - where the sale section was. That's pretty much how I shop, I'll take a look at some of the new arrivals, finger the price tags, give up, and then just head back there to find me some treasure.


I found this awesome sweater that's so cool and soft to the touch. It's like the Roots sweatpants fabric if you've ever touched them or own them (I just happen not to want to spend $70 on sweatpants, I'm not a fan of them in general). I do realise the graphic would get dated very quickly, heck, it's already old, but I thought I could play up that vintage vibe to it.


The second and last thing I got at Zara was this awesome skirt. Ohmygosh, I can't begin to describe to you how much I adore this skirt. It's got these cool badges all over it and hits just below my knee. I was a bit wary of the cut at first, but once I tried it on and played around with the shape a bit, those darn badge-things worked its charm on me and I just couldn't resist. The price tag was also very nice on the eyes (the sweater was $9.99, the skirt was just a bit over that). So yeah, I got it.


Two other things I got were Seizure by Kathy Reichs, the sequel to her novel Virals which is also very good, but I prefer the sequel and this tote bag from H&M to lug my stuff around in. It's not the exact one because it was on sale and is no longer online, but mine's pretty much the same shape except it's hunter green with black leather accents.

Did you have your Spring Break yet? If so, did you go shopping? What'd you get? Who's your shopping buddy? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J



No comments:

Post a Comment