Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Funday: Stormy Nights Ahead

Image Credit
Hi there! I hope all of you are having a lovely, lovely Sunday afternoon, or whenever it is that you’re reading this. Also, if you have become the victim to any bad weather this week, I hope that you’re all safe and hopefully not injured because Mother Nature can be a hassle sometimes.

Back to reality

Southern fog
Image Credit
I went back to school this week and I actually love school, but the amount of homework and projects I have to do this month is so ridiculous, but I’m so excited to start tackling it all. I also have my first exams at the end of the month, so that’s just a bit scary. I mean, I’m sure they’ll be fine because after all, it’s just grade nine, but the word itself is just not very pretty.

There are a quite a few birthdays coming up this month, which will make my schedule even more hectic, but it’ll definitely be a nice reminder to just relax and take a breather every now and then. One of the things I really want to tackle is learning how to relax because I tend to overwork myself a lot, which is just not good.

Return of TV shows

Image Credit
I haven’t had the chance to watch shows since… December. Okay, well, it doesn’t sound like that long now that I write it, but it feels like it’s been ages. Castle and Pretty Little Liars returned, which made me so happy this week. It’s kind of funny how much happiness 45 minutes staring at my laptop watching fictional characters evokes.

I don’t think I’ve ever cried watching any show before, so this week’s Castle will have to be my first. I feel like Ryan is a character who often gets overshadowed in the series except for the 3XK episodes, so I was so glad to have him be up front and centre in this episode. I don’t want to spoil anything, but that episode was heart wrenchingly beautiful and definitely in my top ten, which is saying something.

Pretty Little Liars has also come back and for anyone who still hasn’t seen the mid-season finale – spoiler alert! – Ezra was being really, really creepy throughout the whole episode. It was just so weird and the writers must have something up their sleeves because though it makes sense that Ezra’s A because there really are no other options, no one knows his motives, making it just so annoying for me as a viewer.

Chai Tea Obsession

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Image Caption
I had my first ever chai tea latte at Starbucks last Sunday with a good friend of mine and I’m obsessed. Well, I got it with soy milk because I seemed to think it was a good idea at the time, and it started tasting like warm soy milk by the end, so that wasn’t fun, but the first 3/4 was absolutely delicious.

Oh, if my mom was reading this right now, she’d get so annoyed at me because I’ve been talking about chai tea lattes and how she should try one as soon as she possibly can all week long. It’s kind of a problem but I kind of don’t care. I’m so tempted to try to make some myself at home, but that’ll have to wait until after the craziness that is the month of January.

And the winner is…

jennifer lawrence | Tumblr
Image Credit

Awards season is always a fun time of the year. It has always been tradition for my family to watch them together every year and I can't wait to do that again this year. After a long day of homework, I'm hoping to be able to watch the Golden Globes (aka laugh at Amy Poehler and Tina Fey's jokes) to unwind after a long, long week and to prepare for an even longer month. But Ellen's going to host the Oscars, so it's all good.

Are you back to school this week? What TV shows do you watch and suggest I do, too? Have you ever tried a chai tea latte? Have a recipe? Excited for awards season? Share your thoughts below!


Thanks for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment