Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Funday: Smile, Darling.

Not Only Photos Set12
Image Credit
Hi there! I was so incredibly busy with school this week, so that didn’t leave me with many opportunities to enjoy life, so today’s post will be pretty short and sweet about a couple of things that just made me very happy this week. Enjoy! x

A belated happy birthday to a very special lady.

birthday, black and white, cake, photography
Image Credit
My mom is such an important person in my life and an amazing one, as well that I am so lucky to have in my life. It was her birthday this past week and we celebrated on Friday by getting the most delicious Thai food in town and going skating with Beavertails and overpriced hot chocolate. It was just the best.

We were a bit too hungry to take photos of the food before devouring it (oops), but I can tell you that we had the most delicious red curry with jasmine rice and green curry with Thai pancakes amongst other dishes. We’ve never had the pancakes before, but I’m so glad we bit the bullet and tried them out because they are so good. It’s kind of like naan break except flakier, crispier, and fluffier. I just want to eat some more that stuff.

It was a big year for my mom, a big milestone, so my parents had a lovely day celebrating on the day of and it’s a bit too personal to share, but it was just the cutest thing I have ever heard. (Hint: The two fs were involved: flowers and food.)

We had a moment. Numerous ones.

There’s something about being able to connect with someone and know that they just get you is just an amazing feeling. I’m able to have that with a few people who have become my bestest of friends and just this week, I’ve noticed little bonding moments with a good friend of mine at school. It’s so rare to find someone with whom you can just talk each other’s ears off about a passion of yours. I was lucky enough to find yet another person with the same passion.

I don’t think she’s reading this right now, but if you are, you’re pretty cool.

(P. S. – We bonded over a mutually crazy love for fashion. I thought that’d be appropriate to share.)


Sometimes you meet someone, and it’s so clear that the two of you, on some level belong together. As lovers, or as friends, or as family, or as something entirely different. You just work, whether you understand one another or you’re in love or you’re partners in crime. You meet these people throughout your life, out of nowhere, under the strangest circumstances, and they help you feel alive. I don’t know if that makes me believe in coincidence, or fate, or sheer blind luck, but it definitely makes me believe in something.” – Unknown (via Tumblr)

Don't you love that special feeling? Share your stories below! And let me know if there are any upcoming birthdays I should know about, as well because it would be incredibly rude of me to miss a dedicated reader's birthday.


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment