Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday Funday: The First of 2014



Hi there! You know that feeling at the beginning of a new month or a new year when you have to write the date again and you keep catching yourself writing, for example, “2013” instead of “2014”? Well, it’s been happening to me a lot lately and it really makes me feel old. How is it already 2014? It still blows my mind. Crazy.

Okay, confession. It’s 11:32 pm as I’m writing this, with a really full stomach after eating the best meal (photos will be included). I was going to just wake up early and do it tomorrow morning, but I thought, “You know what? It’s the first “Sunday Funday” of 2014. I cannot miss that.” So here it is. Happy 2014 everyone!


We should listen to Marilyn Monroe.

It was my parents’ anniversary yesterday and we decided to go out for sushi. We’re usually the kind of people who go to the all-you-can-eat buffets because let’s face it – it’s so much cheaper than going to a fancy schmancy restaurant and ordering one entrée at a time. Plus, we’re kids and you don’t really bring kids to those kinds of places.





We were going to go to a place that we went before that was really good, so we decided to go for dinner this time. Business must not have been going well because it closed, which was quite frustrating. We decided to pick a random sushi place that looked nice and holy crap, I had the BEST sushi ever. It was so good and the price tag was so worth it. You know a place is expensive when there are no dollar signs in the menu. Thanks Mom and Dad!

It goes to show that everything really does happen for a reason.

P. S. The deep-fried red bean ice cream was absolutely heavenly.

Time flies by so freaking fast.

Tumblr


I started my winter break thinking that it’d be a great time for me to relax and just enjoy myself. Unfortunately, I was only half right. My lovely teachers decided to give me a ton of work over the break and I’m so relieved to have finished it all with a few days to spare before I have to go back to school tomorrow. I’m sure your school systems are all different, but I’m going into my first exams at the end of the month, which are just a bit nerve-wracking. Just a bit.

Something I definitely have to learn is to relax more. That certainly doesn’t mean slacking off on school and blogging, but I feel like my time as a teenager, as a kid, is so short and I should really stop and just enjoy it. Before I know it, I’ll be off to college or university and everything will change. Ah, deep thoughts with Juliana, guys.

The perfect mug


You know that feeling of absolute joy you get when you find a mug that’s just absolutely perfect and you get so much satisfaction out of drinking out of it? (Please tell me you do or else, once again, I’m going to feel really stupid.) I found my new favourite just recently and have been drinking out of it every day since. It’s this massive one from Godiva (Costco, actually) that actually fits two cups of water in it, so I don’t have to go refill it as often. Score!

Words are just magical

November.


I’ve been reading a lot more lately, which is a part of my resolutions this year. Everything from blogs to books to magazines, it’s just been great. I just started a huge coffee table book called Attitudes: Chloe and it inspired me so much, just within the first few pages. I found myself reaching for my sketchbook just after reading a few paragraphs down in the foreword. It’s so amazing how a person’s story can do that to you.

I’ve also been reading To Kill a Mockingbird for school and I’m near the end. A lot of my friends don’t seem to like it very much, but I feel like they’re all biased and stubborn about it because it’s a school book. It’s a lot better than I expected it to be and really made me think a lot, which I really like in books. A lot of the times, I read really kind of pointless chick-lits and fantasy novels, so it’s really refreshing to change it up and get my brain working a little harder.


Blog-wise, I’m not sure how my friend feels about this, but she has started blogging again, which is making me really happy. We’ve been best friends for a while now (it feels like a while but it has only been a bit over a year, haha) and blogging has really brought us closer together. If anyone wants to check out her blog called style dreambook, I really suggest you do. It’s so good and you’ll just love her whimsical, quirky, and just absolutely adorable writing. She’s fantastic.

How has your 2014 been so far? Broken any major resolutions yet? For you, what restaurants are worth the splurge? Favourite mugs? Leave your comments below!


Thanks for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. Please remove the image of the watch. it is mine, the original poster does not have my permission !

    http://null-entity.deviantart.com/art/Time-Flies-2-327707180

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kyle,

      Thank you for letting me know about this and the photo has been removed. I apologise and will definitely be more careful now.

      - Juliana

      Delete