Friday, January 10, 2014

Style Diary: Hibernating in Pink

Hi there! I hope that you've all had a lovely first week back into the swing of things after the holidays. Because of the extreme cold, I've been trying to find ways to still do my outfit posts, but take the photos indoors, so let me know what you think of this!



Navy sweater: Dynamite | Sweater: H&M | Jeans: J. Crew | Shoes: Target | Earring: Dynamite | Bracelet: Vietnam | Wire bracelet: DIY

It's been a pretty dull week for me, so I decided to brighten it up with highlighter pink pants. Yes, bright pink in the middle of winter (and I don't really care). To make the outfit a bit more cozy, I went for my tiger sweater from H&M with a cardigan sweater type thing over top. I stayed pretty warm that day, which is a stark contrast to the days I have to use my scarf as a blanket in geo.

I've been really liking the one feather earring look lately. I don't know, it just feels so much edgier (and looks so much better) than wearing two huge and long feather earrings at once. I got this pair such a long time ago (think a few years), but I've never gotten around to wearing them until now. I mean, they're pink, so I just couldn't resist.

It's finally starting to warm up here in Canada after several weeks of absolutely frigid weather. There was actually ice all over the ground and roads, making it nearly impossible to walk anywhere. But you know, you could skate there, so whatever. That was literally how the first Monday of the year greeted me: with ice on the ground. Thankfully, the ice is finally turning to snow-ish (or slush) and I don't feel like my face is going to fall off when I'm outside now. Plus, it's Friday. It can't get much better than this, haha.

How has your week been? Any annoying weather where you are? What do you think of the one earring thing - are you a fan? Leave your comments below!


Thanks for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. our weather here in Ottawa hasn't been that bad this week it's gone above zero but it's still pretty icy outside. taking outfit photos in the winter is definitely tricky its so much easier in the summertime! digging your one is better than two look!

    Emmett - Hippie Lace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until I can take outfit photos outside again. It just doesn't feel right when I'm doing it indoors in my mess of a room, haha. Thank you for your sweet compliments! - J

      Delete