Friday, January 3, 2014

Style Diary: Darling Mother's Closet


Hi there! Okay, before you start nagging at me for the quality of the photos, let me explain (even though I already did in last week’s posts). When the weather was nice and not freezing where I live, I could take photos for my outfit posts, no problem. Now that it gets to -40 Celsius/Farenheit, it’s a bit harder to do that. Just a bit. I will try to take photos outside as soon as it gets warmer, but it doesn’t seem like that’s going to happen any time soon. So yeah.



Sweater: Esprit | Dress: Topshop | Necklace: Laura | Earrings: Forever 21 | Socks: Chinese Laundry

This year, we didn’t take many family photos at Christmas Eve dinner, so I don’t have any decent photos to show you of me actually wearing it the night of, so I took some photos of how I styled the pieces instead.


I wore this mint green Topshop dress I got when I was in Vietnam which I absolutely adore. The lace cutouts are pretty subtle and my dad let me out of the house before wearing this, so I’d say it’s not too revealing. Over top, I layered a super cozy grey turtleneck sweater that is actually my mom’s, but she found it kind of suffocating, so she handed it over to me. For socks, I went for polka dot ones because I thought black tights would have been boring. As for accessories, I brought out my handy dandy pearl necklace and my favourite earrings from Forever 21. I’m not going to lie, I was a bit cold at dinner in this ensemble, but hey, I can’t have everything.



That aside, I hope that you’re all having a lovely 2014 so far. Mine has been pretty good lately and I haven’t broken any resolutions yet (knock on wood), so that’s pretty good. I was thinking about what kind of outfit I should put together for today’s Style Diary when I realised, “I never did a Christmas outfit post!” That’s why for today’s post, that’s what I’m going to be showing you.


How have your resolutions been going? Is it cold where you live? What did you wear during the holidays? Leave your comments below!


Thanks for reading!
- J



No comments:

Post a Comment