Thursday, January 30, 2014

One of a Kind Finds: January


Hi there! This month, I seemed to gravitate toward really nice thick coats, or luxury-feeling/looking coats and expensive shoes. So kind of a weird month or a very normal month, depending on how you look at it or how well you know me. I really wish I had each and every one of these items in my closet. They're just so freaking awesome. Keep reading for a detailed list of the lovely, lovely items you see above!



  1. MINKPINK Colourblock Faux Fur Coat - I have been kind of oddly obsessed with fur ever since it started getting cold. There's just something about running my hand on a thick fur coat or scarf that is just so appealing to me. I love how there's an unexpected colourblock detail to this one.
  2. Topshop Betty Boucle Scallop Jacket - I think the reason why I love this jacket is pretty self-explanatory (hint: my favourite colour's pink).
  3. Topshop ARGO Heavy Strap Boots - As I've said in posts before, I love anything that's in an oil slick print/pattern/looks like there's oil spilled on it but in an artistic and fashionable way. I also love chunky heeled boots that would make me look taller, so I'd say that's a match made in heaven.
  4. ASOS Daisy Elbow Patch Sweater - Quirky details on sweaters are always a plus, so I'll definitely be DIY-ing this soon, so keep an eye out for that! Perhaps I'll make a pastel version, we'll see.
  5. Cooperative Tartan Cardigan - This looks like something I'd find in the very, very back of my dad's closet and I've been enjoying stealing clothing/accessories from him lately, so evidently, I gravitated towards this thick and cozy-looking cardigan.
  6. ModCloth Block Star Platforms - Sometimes, you just want/need crazy shoes in your life. Well, more want than need, but you know what I mean. These are like Creepers' crazy wacko sister that you just can't help but love.
  7. Baublebar Tortoise Vignette Pendant - When I glanced at this necklace online, I thought, "Hmm, that's a cool ladybug!" Of course, it's not a ladybug, but I just love how cool and quirky it looks.
  8. Nasty Gal Creep Creep Sweater - Speaking of Creepers from two items ago, I thought this sweater would be appropriate to add to the list. I really, really want to DIY this sweater so badly, though I kind of feel obligated to get myself a pair of Creepers before doing so...
  9. ModCloth Date of Your Dreams Earrings - These earrings just looked so magical and whimsical to me, reminding me of my childhood and would add a nostalgic and vintage touch to any outfit.
  10. UNIF Cake Rainbow Knit Sweater - I'm not usually a fan of rainbow-coloured items because I just find that a lot of them look really tacky, but this, this is just awesome. I don't exactly know how I'd wear it, but it's freaking awesome nonetheless.
Which item was your favourite? Did you find anything super cool this month? Leave your comments below!


Thanks for reading!
- J


2 comments:

  1. I'm at the point in my life where I can like these things but can't justify buying them over a pair of trousers or some other work-appropriate clothes. :( #1, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you mean. :) These monthly posts are more like wishlist posts for me, to be honest. However, you have given me an idea to revamp the series a bit, so thank you!!! - J

      Delete