Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Funday: Living the Wild Life

times are hard for dreamers.


Hi there! I have literally had the absolute craziest two weeks I've ever had, only second to the last two weeks of school last year which were seriously hectic. A lot of really awesome little things happened, but I'm just going to share a couple. Keep reading if you want to know what's been going on in my life.



I went to my momma's work.

As a fellow freshman, last Wednesday was my Take Our Kids to Work Day. I'm not exactly sure how it works in other countries, but my day was pretty awesome. I tagged along with my mom to her work and though it wasn't super exciting or boring, I still had a great time and got to learn a lot about what she does every day from 9-5 (well, technically 7 am to a bit before 4, but that doesn't have the same ring to it). For lunch, we went out to this cute little Thai restaurant close to her work and had the best pad Thai and green curry EVER. The little bowls and plates that the food was served in was also pretty adorable.




Going through life, one line at a time.

A series of serendipity


At the beginning of the year, I vowed to document my high school journey through series of detailed journal entries, but after a while, I just couldn't find the time to do so. A few weeks ago, I decided to invest in a One Line a Day journal, which can be up to $20 a piece. However, I was lucky enough to find one on sale for half the price. I find that only writing a mini paragraph a day takes the pressure off things and makes it a lot easier to actually write something. I'm really excited to look back on my little entries in the years to come. I just think that'll be so cool.

I went out of the (Quaker oatmeal) box.

Breakfast


Though I've said numerous times that I love me some oatmeal, I've always eaten the boxed Quaker ones, all nice and pretty with the spices and everything and all I had to do was add milk and stick it in the microwave. But then, I discovered the Oatmeal Artist and her awesome and amazing recipes pushed me to move away from my microwave and try the real deal. And it tastes ten times better.

My favourite way to cook my oatmeal at the moment is with almond milk, some dried cranberries (on the stove), exactly ten grapes cut into thirds (I'm weird like that, I know), and a splash of almond milk to top it all off. It takes HEAVENLY. Maybe I'll add in a recipe every once in a while. Let me know if you'd be interested!

Taylor Swift is BACK.


It's no secret that I'm absolutely obsessed with Taylor Swift. I've loved her since fourth (or third, I forgot) grade and will continue to love her forever. For the past few months, things have been pretty quiet for her, but she's back with her new single "The Last Time," which she performed for the first time on TV on UK's X-Factor. The beginning was a bit shaky, but the rest of the performance was absolutely stunning. I was in awe and was literally almost crying when I watched this for the first time. So proud. :')

Have you ever had a Take Our Kids to Work Day? How was your experience? What are your thoughts on oatmeal? Love it or hate it? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment