Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Funday: Girl on Fire

▲Echo Raphael▲


Hi there! I can't seem to catch a break these days. I had such a crazy, crazy week, once again, but hopefully I'll be able to just relax soon. Like during Winter Break, aha. It looks like Christmas and winter where I live right now, so it isn't hard to dream about that stuff at this time of year. Also because Christmas Eve is exactly one month away. Is anyone else as excited as I am?


A little music to get us in the spirit...

Hunger Games ♥


I haven't listen to the whole soundtrack yet because honestly, I found some of them really boring and I just stopped listening to it after a handful of songs. Two of my favourite songs, however, are Elastic Heart by Sia and Lorde's cover of Everybody Wants to Rule the World. I've just been replaying them and over and over again because they're just so. Damn. Good.


Catching Fire was AWESOME POSSUM.

Tumblr


I've been a huge, HUGE fan of the Hunger Games series for a long time, so when the first movie came out, I was so excited. I'm not going to lie, but I was pretty disappointed when I left the theatres that day.

Contrary to last week's SF, I wasn't able to go see the latest installment with my friends like I said, but I got to go with my family just last night and it. was. so. amazing. A few of my friends got to see it on Thursday (it was an early release in our city) and they said it was awesome, so I had extremely high expectations.

If you really liked the book, but after seeing the first movie, you were disappointed, you should definitely, definitely go see Catching Fire because it is so much better than the first one. They pretty much followed the book with some minor changes and omissions, but you'll definitely be satisfied when you leave the theatres.

Latest Food Obsession: Greek Yogurt



I have been so obsessed with greek yogurt this week. I don't know about you, but I find it ridiculously expensive, or maybe it's because I buy the smaller pots, I don't know. It's like a buck each compared to regular yogurt which is around 25 cents depending on where you buy it. I usually get the Liberté yogurt with the fruit compote thing underneath. If you happen to come across it in your grocery store, pick a pack with the wild blueberries flavour. It's heavenly.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

A Midsummernight's Nightmare


Canada is known to be extremely cold and that reputation is more than accurate. Well, except we don't ride to school on moose and we don't live in igloos. We got our first proper snow today and it's starting to really feel like Christmas. I love it.

Are you a fan of Catching Fire? Have you seen the movie? Read the books? Is it snowing where you are? Leave your comments below!


Thanks for reading!
- J


4 comments:

  1. Awwwww, you watched it! I haven't, but you're again raising my already high expectations! The level of excitement and craziness in the past week of mine is also going off the chart. I'm a Whovian AND a Hunger Game fan....that might explain something. *sends out lots of Whovian love* (Ahem)
    Okay, and most important and crazy of all...I'm getting midterm exam next week. O_O
    You didn't get your first snow till now? I thought it'd come earlier in Canada...I mean, it's the end of November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT WAS SO GOOD! You HAVE to go see it and let me know what you think in a Sunday Funday or something.

      Good luck with your midterms!!! And well, technically, this was the first real snow that actually stayed on the ground that we got. The "snows" we got before were just light flurries, so I didn't count those.

      - Juliana

      Delete
  2. Catching Fire WAS AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete