Monday, November 18, 2013

DIY: Cat Print Jeans


Hi there! After seeing this picture of UO cat print jeans on Instagram, I just knew I had to do a cat jeans DIY myself. I've always had a soft spot for cats, so this was just a match made in heaven. Keep reading to find out how to make these yourself!


what you'll need


  • pair of jeans
  • white fabric marker (I used a DecoFabric one)
  • small piece of cardstock (4 x 10 cm)
  • cardboard
  • small scissors
  • pencil
  • ruler (optional)


Using your pencil, just draw a cat head to whatever size you prefer. Mine are 3 x 2.5 cm.


Before cutting out your cat, I'd recommend poking holes with your pencil to make it easier. It would be best to use nail scissors to cut it out, but I didn't have any, so I just had to make due with some regular scissors.


Put the cardboard in one of the legs to lightly stretch out the fabric to make it easier to paint on. It's also to keep the marker from seeping through to the other side.


Using your fabric marker, follow the edge of stencil to draw your cat. Go over it once more to make the cat head stand out more. Just keep drawing until you feel like you have enough cats on that one side. My cats were about 1 cm apart, if you were wondering. I just eyeballed it, but if you want to be more precise, use a ruler to make sure they're all lined up.



You'll probably encounter a seem on the leg, so just shift your cardboard, draw a cat head, and keep going.


Repeat the same steps on the other leg and the jeans dry for about ten minutes because they do dry fairly quickly. Repeat the same steps on the other side of your jeans, and let them dry.

To seal in your design, you could iron the jeans on the medium setting to prevent the design from fading in the wash. After that, you're all done!



What do you think of these pants? Are you going to try out this DIY? Do you have any requests? Leave your comments below!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment