Monday, October 14, 2013

Prayer Stick: Give Thanks

EVOLUTION


Hi there! It's Thanksgiving today for us Canadians, so for all of you reading this right now, happy Thanksgiving! I first got the idea of calling this post a prayer stick from the movie Sorority Wars where they mentioned it once. It's a stick that was passed around the table everything Thanksgiving that family had together and each person would get a chance to say what they were thankful for.

I've never had the whole fancy schmancy family dinner with a stuffed turkey, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and what not, but this whole prayer stick concept is something that I'm really excited about, so I guess I'll just get the ball rolling.

Statigram – Instagram webviewer


This year, I'm so thankful for all the opportunities that I've been given and all the good fortune that I've had. I can't even begin to process all the heartwarming things that have happened to me, especially over the past year. I'm thankful for the wonderful, wonderful people in my life... my amazing friends and family whom I couldn't live without. Thank you for sticking around and supporting me even when I was at my brattiest. I'm thankful to actual have people reading what I have to say and actually following my blog, which honestly just blows my mind. There are without a doubt so many other things that I'm thankful for, but to put that all in one blog post would be just too much.

I think it's important to remember to be thankful and appreciate what you have. Sometimes, we get so caught up in our lives and our seemingly enormous problems to remember to do so, but take today (or for all you Americans out there, a month from now) to just reflect on all the amazing people in your life and things that have happened to you over the course of your life.

Now, I pass the prayer stick on to you. What are you thankful for this year?


Thank you so very much for reading, darling!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment