Monday, September 9, 2013

Welcome to Style Generis!

Dance

Hi there! Today, I'd like to welcome each and every one of you to Style Generis! I'm tempted to call it my new blog, but it really isn't. So I guess you've probably noticed some changes here and there, especially my header. I might decide to change the background later on, but for now, it's going to stay like that because, to be completely honest with you guys, I'm writing this pretty late at night because my week has just been so crazy.

First of all, I should probably tell you why I decided to call my blog Style Generis. If you want to know more about why I changed the name, you can check out that post here. The name came about when I was looking around on thesaurus.com for synonyms for the word "unique." I came across the Latin phrase "sui generis" which basically means "of its own kind." So I played around with the name a bit and came up with Style Generis which kind of means "style of its own kind." Kind of.

I think the new name fits the blog much better than the old one, and I hope that you think so, too! I was so excited to unveil the new design and everything for you today, but unfortunately, there are still a few bits and pieces left to do. Hopefully, they'll be done very shortly.

Please let me know what you think in the comments below! I'd love to get your feedback and read what you have to say!


Thank you so much for reading!
- J


No comments:

Post a Comment