Thursday, September 12, 2013

New York Fashion Week Recap Spring/Summer 2014: Colours of the Rainbow

Untitled


Hi there! Every time I think of spring and summer, I think of bold colours. After all, in the winter, we stereotypically cover our bodies with dark, solemn colours to keep warm. So once the sun starts shining again, it's all about colour for me, and a lot of other people, I'm sure.

That's why today, I'll be giving you a very simple NYFW recap. It'll be full of standout looks from this season, a few in each colour of the rainbow and a few other colours as well. I'll probably be doing this for the next three weeks, so be on the lookout for that!



Red


When I saw that little lasercut detail on the hem of this J. Mendel dress, I just fell in love with it. Simply gorgeous.

Pink


It was such an unexpected thing to pretty much chop off a quarter of the skirt, but I'm all for that edgy touch, so kuddos, Thakoon! Not that my teenage opinion is that important, haha.

Orange


I love the cheekiness of 50's fashion, so it's pretty natural that I'd fall in love with this ensemble. I can almost picture a slightly older Elle Fanning in this Milly getup. What about you?

Yellow


I haven't ever mentioned it before here on Style Generis, but I have this thing for yellow. I'm more compelled to buy anything fashion-related if it's yellow, it's just weird. This yellow and white striped maxi dress from Jenny Packham combined with the curly hair made this just look so youthful and fresh, for lack of a better word. I love it. Obviously, or else it wouldn't be included in this recap.

Green


This Alice + Olivia girl just looks like a ballerina, in mint green, no less. The matching crop top and ankle-length skirt is a really fresh take on the innocent ballerina look.

Blue


I don't know about you, but I think this Band of Outsiders jacket is pretty wicked. I mean, look at those zippers. I'm just so fascinated by pieces that have tons of details because it makes them seem like the works of art that they are.

Indigo


I accidentally stumbled upon the Zero + Maria Cornejo collection while looking through the shows and immediately fell in love with her designs. If I wasn't a fourteen-year old with strict parents, I'd totally wear this. The metallic sheen of the fabric, the iridescent indigo, the crop top... What's not to love?

Violet


The models who walked Anna Sui's show this season looked like little bohemian fairies. Something about how she incorporated the violet into that typical brown boho colour scheme made the collection that much more magical.

Black


This Rachel Zoe dress made the model look so effortlessly put-together, with the black gems that just seemed to drip from the dress, that I just couldn't help but fall in love with it. It's such a classic and glamorous piece.

White


Sass + Bide was probably one of my favourite shows of NYFW, especially all the white. When I saw this number on style.com, I literally gasped. Like, out loud. It was just breathtaking how beautiful the skeletal bodice of this dress is.

Which look was your favourite? How did you like NYFW? What's a collection you think I should check it out? Let me know in the comments and I'd love to get back to you!


Thanks for reading!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment