Thursday, September 19, 2013

Current Love: Wedge Sneakers

Don't Worry. Be Happy | via Tumblr


Hi there! I know that I said on Twitter that it wasn't likely that I'd have a post up today due to my weird eye situation and energy slump, but after a nice, warm dinner, and nice talk with my mom, and grapes (yes, grapes), I got my energy back and got really excited to write this post for you guys.

Today, I wanted to talk to you guys about the infamous wedge sneakers. I know, I know, this trend has been around for a while, since like last year, but it's still around, so why not talk about it, right?



To me, this is a very love or hate thing - you either love it to pieces or hate its guts (not that it has any, but you get my point). At first, I thought it was just an atrocious trend. I've never liked those huge clunky sneakers and how they were now transformed in a manner to make them fashionable just did not sit well with me at all. So I ignored Fashion's (Fashion with a capital "F" just means in my mind the fashion magazines, bloggers, and any important people) fascination and obsession with them.



Once I kind of forget about the trend and the craze kind of died out, I saw that FleurDeForce (a YouTuber) got herself a pair of the Isabel Marant wedge sneakers. For a lady with such a classic and feminine style, I was really surprised that she'd go that far out of her comfort zone and wear wedge sneakers. Because she tried something so different, I ended up being a bit more open to the trend and didn't hate it as much. I think after watching the videos where she mentioned them about five times (I'm a huge fan of hers), I think I actually liked the shoes.



After that, Hanna wore a pair of them on Pretty Little Liars and I was sold. I HAD to get my hands on a pair of them. Of course, I couldn't afford to just go out there and splash out $700+ on a pair of the Isabel Marant ones, so I tried to find a nice pair at Forever 21 or something. I know that Isabel Marant was actually super pissed that there were so many copycats out there, but hey, some of us just can't afford your shoes. Besides, when you make something that good, someone's bound to copy it.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck finding anything. But everything happens for a reason, so I remained hopeful. Two days ago, a few weeks later, a Target opened up at a mall close by and I got myself a pair there (you can get them here if you're American)! I was literally so excited when I saw them on the shelf because a good chunk of the shoe department was sold out in my size on the day of the grand opening, so I was pretty lucky to get my hands on a pair.

I tried them on and they fit like a dream, which is one of the things that I love so much about these shoes. You get the best of both worlds with these sneakers - the comfort of a sneaker, and the height of a wedge. What more could you ask for?

I'll be doing a "3 Ways to Wear" post very soon on how I like to style them, if you're interested, so be on the lookout for that. I've been prancing around the house in these shoes for the past few days. I'm simple obsessed with them.

What about you? What do you think of these sneakers - love 'em or hate 'em? Let me know in a comment down below!


Thanks for reading!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment