Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday Funday: Goals, Plans, and Changes

*•* | via Facebook


Hi there!  My first week of summer is now over and it's been so amazing.  Curious to know what I've been up to?  If so, keep on reading.




Essential Recipe: Balsamic Vinaigrette


After being quite unhappy about how unhealthily I've been living my life, I decided to try to change and get healthier.  I've been doing pretty well so far and I'm hoping to keep going with it.  It's going to be difficult these next few weeks because I'm going on a long vacation (don't fret, there will still be posts up), but I'm going to try my very best to have some routine that does not consist of pigging out everyday.

In addition to the whole healthy eating thing, can I just point out how amazing balsamic vinaigrette is?  Though it might not look very appetizing (I honestly couldn't care less about its appearance), I assure you, it's fabulous.  I'm in love with it.  According to a study done by the University of Michigan, it's supposed to make you feel full sooner and is pretty healthy, especially compared to thick and creamy salad dressings.


anne - helene's interiør ♥ -


Along with trying out a healthier lifestyle, I've also been doing a lot of cleaning lately.  Cleaning out my closet, my bookshelf, my bedroom in general...  I want to change myself for the better before I embark on this crazy four-year journey called high school in the fall.  I'm no longer the girl I was two years ago when I started middle school, the girl I was just a few months ago.  I pretty much just want to improve myself this summer and cleaning (A LOT) has helped me so much.  Hopefully when I get back from my vacation, I can do some more cleaning because I've been really into it lately.


Tumblr


Since it's summer, what I do and how much time I have for leisure no longer has to revolve around homework, which is pretty freaking fantastic.  I now have so much freedom and it feels so amazing, I love it. It's allowing me to have so much time to myself and doing pretty much whatever I want.  It might sound like I've been wasting my time online or whatever and I'm not going to lie and say I haven't been (only sparingly, though!), but I've been so productive.  That in turn makes me feel so much better, which is one of the many reasons why I love summer - I just feel good all the time.  There's so much drama, so many expectations, so much pressure at school, so it's nice to have some time by myself to kind of regain my composure.

How is your summer going?  Do you have any trips planned?  Please leave a comment down below and share your thoughts!  I'd love to hear them!


Thanks for reading!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment