Tuesday, May 21, 2013

8 Lavender Dresses to Brighten Up Your Spring Wardrobe

Large

I just have a quick little thing to tell you guys - I wrote a guest post over on my friend Bohmyi's blog, A Beautyfull Word, sharing my tips on how to be confident in what you wear.  I had a ton of fun writing it,  so be sure to check it out if you're interested.

Recently, that same friend has been on the hunt for that perfect lavender dress.  And like everything she introduces me to, I kind of fell in love with them as well.  So I joined her (kind of) on the hunt for that perfect dress and let me tell you - it's ridiculously hard, but I managed to find eight that I thought fit my criteria.  The first four are quite reasonably priced, but the last four are for those of you with deeper pockets.  

Though this post might not help her find that perfect dress, it might help one of you.  Hopefully.

8 Lavender Dresses


1.  Kimchi Blue Lace Pleated Dress ($39.99)

I really love how simple the dress seems at a glance, I really adore dresses like that.  But when you look a little closer, you can see all the intricate little details on the mid-riff area which are gorgeous.  It's a pretty casual dress that can easily be dressed up (with some platform heels and a statement necklace) or dressed down (with a comfy pair of Converse).

2.  Annette Lace Dress ($42.99)

This is my definition of a casual day dress.  It's just so sweet and would be so easy to just throw on with a pair of flats or sneakers and head out the door.

3.  Ruche Simple Spring Dress ($43.99)

This next dress I would wear cinched at the waist with a belt and a statement necklace to brighten up the dress a bit.  Since the dress is so simple, I would definitely accessorise unless I was going for the minimalist look.  It's such a beautiful and versatile dress and everyone should have something like this in their closet.

4.  ModCloth Sweet of the Moment Dress ($57.99)

Honestly, I think I'm going to start running out of different adjectives to describe these dresses because they are all so freaking adorable - I love them.  This dress is probably in my favourite shade of lavender out of the eight and it's such a girly dress with the lace bodice.  You might even be able to pull this off for your graduation if it's a bit more casual or if you accessorise.

5.  Lulu's Backless Lavender Dress ($70)

It's such an intricate, beautiful dress that is simply gorgeous.  If you couldn't already tell, I love it and the open back adds an interesting twist to an otherwise classic dress. 

6.  Wilfred Lyon Dress ($145)

This is quite a pricey dress and the only reason I included it was for someone out there (maybe) to get an idea of what kind of dress they'd like in lavender.  I think that you could definitely hunt down cheaper look-alikes somewhere in your local mall.  Plus, it's quite adorable, which is always nice.

7.  Bernie Dexter You're Inn Luck Dress ($155.99)

This dress might not exactly be lavender, but it was close enough and absolutely beautiful, so I decided to include it anyway.  It's in this beautiful floral rose print and it's in such simple and lady-like silhouette that I just couldn't resist.

8.  REISS Milo Pale Lavender Dress ($245)

Finally, the most glamorous (in my opinion) and expensive dress out of the eight.  It's such a simple design, but the sheen of the fabric is really what makes it stand out from the crowd of lavender dresses.  This dress would be beautiful cinched in at the waist with a skinny belt and nice (for lack of a better word...) statement necklace would complete the outfit.  And heels, of course!

What do you think of lavender dresses?  Are you a fan?  Which dress was your favourite?  Let me know in the comments, I'm curious.


Thanks for reading!
- J

Follow on Bloglovin

Image Credit: www.weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment