Friday, March 29, 2013

Five Prom Dresses Under $100



Prom is coming up sometime in the near future and ever since I was little, I've been dreaming about my perfect prom.  And though I'm not really that close to my prom, I figured that I might as well plan some prom outfits for you guys.  Enjoy!


Dresses can be a bit pricey, so today, I decided to make a budget-friendly post, so all the dresses are under $100.  I'll be doing a mini series on prom with dresses for all price ranges, so be on a lookout for that if you would like (you should).  I tried to accommodate all different styles, obviously not all, but definitely more than one, and I hope you'll like it!


Sleek Satin


The whole H&M Conscious collection is pretty amazing and I fell in love with this blush satin dress.  I know it looks a bit peach in this picture, but on the model it looked a bit more pink.  Most of the oufit is in the same colour family, so I decided to add a pop of colour with the mint clutch.  Some of these items might be a bit pricey for what you're looking for, so feel free, actual, please do alter this outfit a bit to better fit your style.  These are just some ideas.  I think that loosely curled hair put in a half up half down hair do would look really nice with this ensemble.
H&M satin dress: www.hm.com
Forever21 heels: www.forever21.com
ModCloth earrings: www.modcloth.com
Forever21 gold cuff: www.forever21.com
ModCloth clutch: www.modcloth.com


Pop of Mint


This is kind of a classic dress, so I decided to add, once again, a pop of colour.  If you prefer to make to go the classic route, a gold and pearl or gold and silver statement necklace would look really nice.  Maybe even a choker.

ModCloth gown: www.modcloth.com
Forever 21 strappy platforms: www.forever21.com
BaubleBar necklace: www.baublebar.com
Forever 21 clutch: www.forever21.com
Forever 21 cuff: www.forever21.com


Modern Classic

The way I like to describe this outfit, or at least the inspiration for it, is old Hollywood meets 21st century fashion.  It's what I kind of visualise when I think of old Hollywood except with a really modern twist to... everything.  Retro curls pulled back with the Etsy hair pin would be how I would wear my hair.

ModCloth black gown: www.modcloth.com
Forever 21 shoes: www.forever21.com
Baublebar bracelet: www.baublebar.com
Urban Outfitters earrings: www.urbanoutfitters.com
Forever 21 knotted ring: www.forever21.com
Etsy rhinestone hair pins: www.etsy.com


Hologram Love

This is an edgier dress and what comes to mind when I see it is a black swan.  The dress is just really cool and edgy, but still kind of innocent which I really like.  I focused on adding lots of texture and jewellery and accessories with really cool details to top off this outfit.
Urban Outfitters dress: www.urbanoutfitters.com
Forever 21 shoes: www.forever21.com
Nordstrom envelope clutch: www.nordstrom.com
DIY option that I prefer: www.highercitizen.com
JewelMint bracelet: www.jewelmint.com
Baublebar earrings: www.baublebar.com
Etsy cocktail ring: www.etsy.com


Chalk Pastel-inspired


This outfit is inspired by something that Elle Fanning wore to an event recently (www.dailylook.com) even though it might not seem like it.  You could switch out the beaded headband for a white one like the one Elle wore.  I really love all the pastels and blush colours in this ensemble and I hope you do, too.
Lulu's dress: www.lulus.com
H&M headband: www.hm.com
GoJane shoes: www.gojane.com
Forever 21 clutch: www.forever21.com
Baublebar statement necklace: www.baublebar.com
Forever 21 earrings: www.forever21.com



So that's it!  I tried to pick the most budget-friendly but still stylish and unique (I broke my own rules a few times though, sorry!).  I hope you liked this and thanks for reading!  Let me know (if you want) which outfit was your favourite.



No comments:

Post a Comment